Thursday 2 October 2014

Almond Chocolate Coconut Bars (Vegan)

I’m going to get straight to the point. Peanut butter. Chocolate. Caramel.
Not only is this the most delicious vegan, healthy dessert. Ohhhh no no no, this is much better than that.

This is one of the best, delicious desserts I have ever made in all my years of cooking. “The best”. I know it’s a bit of a statement but creamy, crunchy and the perfect combination of salty and sweet this recipe deserves the every superlative in the book.
 So let me take a moment and break it down for you.
One perfectly proportioned slab of base formed from a mixture of warm earthy oats, crushed almonds bound together with dates soaked in coconut milk so sweet it would make your heart sing.
Next the filling, creamy peanut butter sprinkled with crispy rice cereal and softened to perfection with a touch of coconut oil. Possibly one of the reasons I was tempted to re-name this recipe “Dessert Slab of the Gods”.
Finally, because salty sweet peanut butter and a moist caramel date base is not nearly decadent enough for me, we are going to seal the deal with a layer of dark chocolate so soft and bittersweet it would make a grown man cry pure tears of joy. 
So now that you are appropriately drooling and attempting to lick your screen I’ll reveal the recipe, which is from the amazing healthy blogger none other than “Oh She Glows” with link here.


I made these for my brother and sister’s friends while they went to the beach house for the weekend and it was gone within the first 2 hours. Even better, not a one of them realized it was vegan and free of any refined sugars or saturated fats! 


No comments:

Post a Comment