Saturday 20 September 2014

Cafe Adventures: Little Bird Unbakery

Although this was my first visit, this beautiful raw café needs no introduction. The little bird unbakery has been tucked into Summer Street off Ponsonby for some time now and although I have checked out their Kingsland store I was told that it barely compares to the delicious treats served here.




















Looking back its weird how long it took me to pay this legendary little café a visit, but it was worth the wait as I enjoyed one of the top best meals I’ve had all year.

While the toss up between the kumara gnocchi and raw nachos was a tough one I couldn’t go past the tempting sound of crunchy thin tortilla chips covered in avocado. And of course there is always room for dessert, which in this case happened to be the most amazing chocolate hazelnut torte, which was probably meant to serve two people… whoops.

 With beautiful interior, friendly staff and an impressively large range of foods on the menu Little Bird is sure to leave you feeling healthy and happily stuffed.

Although they don’t serve coffee the only criticisms is that a certain level of willpower must be possessed in order to walk past the gigantic cabinet filled to bursting with a banquet of sweet raw treats without purchasing the whole lot.

I also got a chance to try out my new Fuji-Film X-E2, just out of its box it worked like a dream. So if you’re looking for a new camera, it’s portability and high quality images are totally worth the investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment