Friday 15 August 2014

La Cigale French Markets

 Saturday mornings really are the make or break of the weekend, usually dictating how the rest of your Saturday or Sunday will go. Definitely for me it usually starts with a long sleep in, a carelessly thrown together breakfast and an episode of friends.



Although sometimes there is nothing better than getting up early and starting your weekend with some exercise or a healthy breakfast, or in my case doing both by heading down to the La Cigale French Markets. Whether you go to moodily sip coffee with a friend enjoying the warm heaters and a French pastry, or perusing the large colourful range of veges with a fresh juice in hand there really is a little something for everyone.


 While I don’t go as often as I would like, when I heard that Raw Kitchen, a raw healthy baking supplier for the likes of Rad café or Mondays was setting up shop there this weekend I had to go check them out. Unfortunately they don’t currently have a store so I jumped at the chance to check out all of their products without having to travel to Kingsland or Ponsonby.




Vegan 'Snickers Bar' from Raw Kitchen

 And if live street performers, a French fromagerie/bakery and a range of good food from hummus to muesli and everything in-between weren’t enough to convince you to pay a visit, there is always Organic Mechanic. As a person who has had one to many watery tasteless ‘healthy’ smoothies when I saw their chalkboards boasting a range of ‘delicious’ vegan drinks I was somewhat cynical. This was a time I was happy to be proved wrong, chocolaty, thick and smooth its impossible to believe that they only use fruit, veg and seeds!





"Hercules" Berry banana and chocolate Smoothie   


So go check it out Saturday 8am- 1pm, although as a tip beat the traffic and get the best pick of everything by getting there between 8-9.30am



No comments:

Post a Comment